Friday, February 19, 2010

Mailbox...um....Friday?

My wonderful sister at The True Book Addict gave me an awesome gift for Christmas.....BOOKS!! She gave me a gift certificate for books from Better World Books, and my selections arrived today!

Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier
Burning Bright by Tracy Chevalier
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O'Farrell
Abundance by Sena Jeter Naslund
The Widow of the South by Robert Hicks
If I Were a Lion by Sarah Weeks

I can't say enough good things about this site! The books arrived in a timely manner, AND you just can't beat the prices! I got all of these books for $22.00! Granted they are used, but gently, and they are all hardcover. Swing over there if you are interested in some good deals. I chose the Bargain Bin (5 for $15.00), and had enough left on my gift certificate to get an extra book plus my grand daughter's absolute favorite (If I Were a Lion) for $2!! I would highly recommend this book for any preschoolers out there.....Off to read now...Thanks Michelle, I love you!!

4 comments:

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Yay! You got some really good ones! You haven't read Girl with a Pearl Earring yet? I thought you had read that one. I have all those books except for the O'Farrell one and the Lion one. Abundance is one I need to read. I love books about Marie Antoinette.

You should check out bookcloseouts.com They have some $1.99 books and flat rate shipping. I got 5 books for $14! I'll be posting about them on Mailbox Monday.

You are so welcome Sis! I love you too =O)

Ryan said...

Fabulous books, hope you enjoy them all. Now I just need to get someone to buy me a gift certificate like that. Though my mailbox is a little out of control this week. I have to get it done tomorrow, I got way too many DVDs.

Lisa said...

I love my sister, but I can't tell you how much more I would love her if she would have given me a gift certificate for books for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

You could easily be making money online in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat guide[/URL], You are far from alone if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses little-known or little-understood avenues to generate an income online.